Bhutan Travel Requirement
Minimum Daily Traffic for international Tourist only
The Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) is an independent authority and highest decision-making body on all matters relating to tourism and its management in Bhutan. It regulates all tourism related activities in Bhutan. All the Bhutanese travel agencies & Bhutanese tour operators are registered with them, and they also fix the daily Bhutan tour prices and Bhutan Tourist Taxes or Bhutan Government Royalty.
Daily Tour Rate during the High Season: March, April, May, September, October and November
- For a group of 3 persons or above, the minimum tour price US$ 250 per night per person
- For a group of 2 persons, the minimum tour cost is US$ 280 per night per person (daily tariff US $ 250 +surcharge US $ 30)
- For a lone traveler, the tour rate is US $ 290 per night per person (daily tariff US $ 250 +surcharge US $ 40)
Daily Tour Prices during the Low season: January, February, June, July, August and December
- For a group of 3 persons or above, the tour cost is US$200 per night per person.
- For a group of 2 persons, the tour price is US$230 per night per person which is inclusive of surcharge of US$ 30 per night per person.
- For a single traveler, the tour rate is US$240 per night per person which is inclusive of surcharge of US$40 per night per person.
The above tour cost is inclusive of the following:
- Bhutan Government Royalty of US$65 per night per person
- Twin sharing hotel Rooms at 3 star hotels
- All Meals 3 times
- English speaking tour guides
- Refreshments (tea, coffee and snacks)
- All transfers and sightseeing/treks/tours within Bhutan
- Riding ponies and pack animals on treks
- Trekking equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- All entrance fees to museums and monuments
- All internal taxes and charges
- Mineral drinking water
The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the local Bhutan tour operators / Bhutan travel agents’ obligation shall be limited to breakfast only.
The following is not included in the daily tourist tariff:
- Visa fee US $40 each (must be paid in advance with tour cost).
- Airfares (optional)
- Travel insurance (recommended but not available in Bhutan)
- Single Room supplements US$ 40 per room per night (optional)
- Other personal expenses, calls overseas, laundry, etc.
Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.
These are as follows:
Single individual – US$ 40 per night
Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
We also give Discount on Tour Packages:
1) With effect from 01/07/2009, the government has revoked the 25% discount on Diplomatic visas.
2) There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates and 100% discount on Royalty.
3) Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
4) A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
5) 50%discount on Royalty shall be provided from the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty shall be provided from the 14th night.
Tour Programmers’ booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- Earlier than 30 days before the start of the tour program: 30% of the rates
- Between 30 and 21 days before the start: 50% of the rates
- Between 21 and 14 days before the start: 65% of the rates
- Between 14 and 7 days before the start: 80% of the rates
- Less than 7 days before the start or cancellation without notice: 90% of the rates
- After arrival in Bhutan: 100% of the rates.
If you cancel your tour after you have sent payment then we will process your refund in accordance with the above list of charges. To return funds to you from Bhutan we have to request permission from the Royal Monetary Authority to send foreign currency outside Bhutan. Once we have this we have to ask the Tourism Council of Bhutan to return the funds to you, as they are still holding them at that point since your tour has not yet run. This process of arranging the refund can take some time – at busy periods even 6 to 8 weeks.
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.